Hard to believe we are already several weeks into summer! I have some challenging activities for this week. I like “challenges” because I think having competitions between family members, or having activities that family members have to share, makes them more accountable. Plus, it’s FUN!
- What is a “Segway?” Have you ever ridden one? Find out all about them (Google it).
- When were they created? Why? What are they used for mostly?
- Also, would you try to ride one if you haven’t done so before?
- SMALL KIDS: Draw a picture of your family riding segways on vacation.
- OLDER KIDS: Create a newspaper article on segways, answering the above questions. (Who, what, when, where, why and how).
- ALL: Share the results of your investigations.
- (Remember, be careful if you are very out of shape or have a health condition. Check with your doctor first, and follow his/her advise.) This should be fun, not fatal!
- How many crunches can your family members do?
- Give your family a one or two minute time limit to do as many crunches as possible.
- Must follow good form (hands under head, raise head and shoulders only, not trunk, face must be looking at the ceiling).
- Alternate activity: Push ups! Can be “knee” or traditional, but all family members must do them the same way.
Soul: Memorizing a verse:
- Agree on one verse to memorize
- Must be able to say it without reading it after two days, to call it “memorized.”
- Younger kids: Choose a very short verse
- Older kids: Choose a verse that has at least 10 words in it.
- Who can remember their verse after a week?!